Monday, September 28, 2009

Best Beauty Tips of All Time Pt 5

Thicken Hair
" Add two sugar packets to a 20-ounce bottle of water to create a natural volumizing spray."
- Oscar Blandi, N.Y.C. hairstylist
I'm going to try this one today...I am always in desperate need of some volume!


Tame Unruly Brows
"Comb mustache wax onto eyebrows. The wax coats each hair and locks it in place."
- Troy Surratt, N.Y.C. makeup artist
Now where do I find mustache wax????


Guarantee a Perfect Shade
raise your hand if you have ever dies your hair at home and it came out a totally different color than expected....ooohhh ohhh me me...yes I have done it. My hair turned bright pumpkin orange around my roots...not cute.
Rita Hazan, N.Y.C. colorist spilled her secret to Instyle Magazine...
" When coloring hair at home, start your timer as soon as you begin applying the dye, not when you finish. Otherwise the first sections you do (front, hairline, and nape of the neck) will be overcolored. If the rest of the hair isn't timed perfectly, it doesn't matter as much because it's not as visible."


Punch Up Neon Polish
So 80's Fashion is back...I'm still not sure how I feel about this. It definatley has it's pros and cons...Con: Shoulder Pads, Pro: Neon Colors
For those of you who are hot on neon nail polish here is a tip for perfect application ;)
"Apply an opaque white polish before your neon shade. The flat base brings out the pigment of the color and illuminates it from underneath."
- Patricia Yankee, N.Y.C. manicurist


Curtail a Blemish
"To dry up oily secretions, spray a makeup sponge with clear antiperspirant and dab it on the pimple before putting on your makeup."
- Jake Bailey, L.A. makeup artist

0 comments:

 
BEAUTY IS A PAIN.... Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino