Thursday, September 24, 2009

All you need to know about dark nails...


Dark nail polish is still very in especially now that fall is here. But for anyone who has tried painting your nails yourself in any dark shade know it can be quite the task! I usually have polish all over my hands and smeared around my nail beds...so I usually have to call my sister over to paint them for me. So yes I needs some help with this one and I'm sure many others do too! So...Here are some tips for perfect dark nails!

Take Your Time...obviously right?!?
"Rather than polish the whole nail in one fell swoop, break the process down into at least 3 strokes: First, paint the center, then swipe along each side, keeping the coats thin to prevent chipping." Bethany Newell, N.Y.C. manicurist

Stay In The lines...just like coloring ;)
"For a finished, professional look, always leave a small space between the cuticle and the polish line."

Stop The Color From Bleeding
"Before removing polish, brush cuticle oil on each nail to avoid staining the base of the nail or fingers. The oil creates a barrier that keeps the color from penetrating the skin as you rub it away." - Tabitha Belesis, N.Y.C. manicurist


Source: InStyle Makeover

0 comments:

 
BEAUTY IS A PAIN.... Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino