Monday, May 24, 2010
Many people use the excuse I don’t have enough time when it comes to exercising but I’m sure everyone has a minute to spare here and there. You should try and adopt the give-yourself 10 rule during the periodic breaks you get during the day. “You can accumulate a workout’s worth of conditioning exercises by filling up pauses with 10 reps of situation-specific exercises,” says Amy Dixon, the group fitness manager of Equinox, a fitness club in Santa Monica, Calif.
• When you first wake up, do 10 push-ups and 10 squats.
• Do 10 butt squeezes while you’re waiting in line.
• Do 10 lunges while you’re waiting for the laundry machines to finish their cycle.
• Do 10 overhead presses while holding a bag of sugar or canister of salt as you wait for the pot to boil.
• Do 10 heel lifts on your toes when in the checkout line.
• Do 10 jumping jacks during every commercial of your favorite show.
• Do 10 kicks and 10 knee lifts during the beginning and ending credits of a TV movie.